Articles, research publications and studies
Incorporating Ultrasound into Veterinary Practice – is it the right choice?
The Curbside Guide is a pragmatic internal medicine manual that melds the medicine with sonogram, focusing on diseases that are commonly diagnosed with ultrasound during an internal medicine work up in small animals.
Studies & Abstracts
- Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound:
- Abdominal ultrasound image quality is comparable among veterinary sonographers with varying levels of expertise for healthy canine and feline patients.
Dr. Remo Lobetti's ECVIM Abstracts of Clinical Interest 2014
- Canine Common Variable Immunodeficiency and Pneumocystis Carinii
- Metabolic and Cardiac Derangements in Canine Babesiosis
- Classification and Management of Liver Disease
- Diagnostic Approach to a Liver Case
- Dx & Management Of Acute GI Disease In The Puppy & Kitten
- Feline Haemoplasmosis
- Immune Mediated Haemolytic Anaemia
- Management Of Respiratory Disease
- Pancreatic disease
- Prostatic disease
- Urinary tract seminar
- Breed-Specific Reference Ranges For Echocardiography In Salukis
- Cardiac And Exocrine Pancreatic Involvement In Dogs With Leptospirosis
- Cardiac Mechanics In Dogs With Patent Ductus Arteriosus : A Short Term Speckle-Tracking Echocardiography Study
- Cystic Pancreatic Neoplasia In Cats
- Effect Of A Basic Training Program On Emergency Clinician Accuracy To Semi-Quantitatively Assess Thoracic And Cardiac Structures Using Focused Cardiac Ultrasound (FOCUS)
- Evaluation Of Preprandial And Postprandial Gallbladder Volume Using Three-Dimensional Ultrasonography In Healthy Dogs
- Increased Left Heart Size Predicts Risk Of Congestive Heart Failure In Cavalier King Charles Spaniels With Mitral Regurgitation Caused By Myxomatous Valve Disease
- Increased Normalized Pulmonary Transit Times And Pulmonary Blood Volumes In Cardiomyopathic Cats With Or Without Congestive Heart Failure
- Left Atrial Function Determined By 2-Dimensional Speckle Tracking Echocardiography Identifies Dogs With Congestive Heart Failure Secondary To Mitral Valve Disease
- Left Atrial Function Differs Between Dogs With Different Severities Of Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease
- Quantitative Evaluation Of Canine Mitral Valve In Dogs Using Three-Dimensional Echocardiography
- Real-Time 3- And 2-Dimensional Echocardiographic Assessment Of Effective Regurgitant Orifice Area In Dogs With Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease
- Right Pulmonary Vein To Pulmonary Artery Ratio: A New Echocardiographic Index Of Pulmonary Hypertension In West Highland White Terriers With Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Transthoracic Echocardiography In Clinically Healthy Adult Newfoundland Dogs: Reference Values For The Breed
- Two-Dimensional Aortic Valve Measurements Differ Throughout Diastole
- Ureteral Calculi In Cats Retrospective Analysis Of Signalment Clinical Data Medical Management And Short-Term Outcome In 83 Cases. (2005-2013)
ECVIM-CA Congress 2018, Rotterdam – Netherlands: Hypoalbuminemia as a Possible Biomarker of Gastro-Intestinal Lymphoma in CatsBy R. Lobetti1, E. Lindquist, C. Berman1 1Bryanston Veterinary Hospital, Box 67092, Bryanston, South Africa; SonoPath, New Jersey, USA PDF PPT
Gastrointestinal Disease in Cats and Dogs with Gastrointestinal Foreign Bodies. By Eric Lindquist (DVM, DABVP) and Remo Lobetti (BVSC, MMEDVET, PHD, DECVIM) Published May 2017 Advances in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. ARTICLE
ACVIM, Nashville, TN June 4-7, 2014. By Dr. Remo Lobetti, Dr. Eric Lindquist,Dr.Johanna Frank. Pancreatic Ultrasound in 54 Dogs with Acute Pancreatitis: Different Clinical Presentation with Left or Right Limb Involvement of the Pancreas. ACVIM Pancreatic Poster.
Ultrasound Guided Laser Ablation (UGELAB) in Veterinary Image-Guided Interventions, Cerf D, Lindquist E., edited by Chick Weisse and Allyson Berent. Published May 2015 Veterinary Image-Guided Interventions
ACVIM, Seattle, WA June 12 – 15, 2013. By Dr. Remo Lobetti, Dr. Eric Lindquist,Dr.Johanna Frank. Adrenal Gland Ultrasonography in Dogs with Hypoadrenocorticism. ACVIM Adrenal Poster.
UGELAB – Palliative ultrasound-guided endoscopic diode laser ablation of transitional cell carcinomas of the lower urinary tract in dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. January 1, 2012, Vol. 240, No. 1, Pages 51-60. More
Scanning Pearls – Part 1. By Eric Lindquist & Peter Modler. Download
ECVIM, Seville, Spain. Sept 8-10, 2011. Sonographic Parameters of Adrenal Glands in 19 Addisonian Dogs. Poster
Ultrasound Sees Ultrarapid Growth. Veterinary Practice News, May 2011. Interviews with multiple experts in the industry of clinical sonography including Dr. Lindquist. More
ECVIM, Tolousse, France. Sept 8-11, 2010. Sonographic Whole Body Parameters of Portosystemic Shunts in 38 Dogs & Cats. Abstract
Defining A Gall Bladder Mucocele. When is it clinically significant? Interview with 8 seasoned clinical sonographers. When to cut when to treat when to watch. More
ECVIM-CA Congress 2009, Porto, Portugal. Sept 8-10, 2009.
- Sonographic Criteria for the Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Obstruction in 39 Dogs and Cats. Abstract
- Clinical Parameters in Dogs with Sonographically Diagnosed Surgical Biliary Disease. Abstract
- Intraoperative Ultrasound for Precise Biopsy and Resection of Transabdominally Detected Intestinal Lesions in 3 cats. Abstract
Clinical Approaches to Sonographic Pathology: Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference, Atlantic City, NJ. October 14-18, 2008. More
Ultrasound-Guided Diode Laser Ablation (UGELAB) of Transitional Cell Carcinoma in Dogs. ACVIM 2008 San Antonio, Tx. June 5, 2008 session 99, 3:45-4:35pm. More
Ultrasound and the Post-hepatic Icteric Dog. What’s wrong with his plumbing? Veterinary Practice News, February 2008. More
Ultrasound Guided Endoscopic Laser Ablation (UGELAB) of Transitional Cell Carcinoma (TCC) in 20 female dogs; Survival based on tumor position. EC Lindquist, DJ Cerf, ECVIM Budapest, Hungary. September 14, 2007.