Internal Medicine Virtual Lecture Available April 1, 2020
Registration includes 1-Year SonoPath.com Forum Access ($260 value)!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Join presenter Remo Lobetti BVSc, MMedVET, PhD, for this virtual lecture series designed for generalist veterinarians (whether sonographers or not) who want to improve their internal medicine skills.
Virtual Lecture - 12 CE Credits
◦ Program registration fee includes:
◦ Course and materials fee (12 CE Credits)
◦ Access to On-Demand Lecture (12 hours)
◦ 1-Year SonoPath.com Forum membership access (join the interactive internal medicine forum) $260
◦ Access to our internal medicine forum where you can interact with presenter
◦ The recording link will be emailed to participants on April 1, 2020
Who Should Attend:
◦ GP DVMs
◦ Anyone who wants to improve internal medicine skills
About the Program & Topics Covered:
Conditions and Clinical Disease Management of G.I. and Pancreas
- Stomach - Ulceration, gastritis, neoplasia
- Small intestine - inflammatory bowel disease, dietary hypersensitivity, neoplasia, non-specific enteritis, lymphangiectasia
- Colon - colitis
- Pancreas - acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, neoplasia, abscessation
Conditions and Clinical Disease Management of the Urinary Tract
- Kidneys - CKD vs. AKI vs. age-related changes, pyelonephritis, rhinoliths, obstructive uropathy
- Bladder - liths, chronic cystitis, interstitial cystitis
- Prostate - prostatitis, hyperplasia, neoplasia, abscessation
Conditions and Clinical Disease Management of the Liver
- Acute hepatitis and chronic hepatitis
- Cholangiohepatitis complex
- Lipidosis Cholecystitis/mucocele
About our speaker: Dr. Lobetti graduated in 1990 with a BVSc (Hons), and in 1995 with an MMedVet (Med) degree, and earned his PhD in 2005. In 1997 Dr. Lobettii became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine and spent the next 2 years in the Veterinary section of the South African Defence force. After his time in the defense force, Dr. Lobetti went into private practice for 2½ years at the Orange Grove Veterinary Hospital in Johannesburg.
After trying his hand at private practice, Dr. Lobetti went into academia and joined the Department of Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, as a senior lecturer, and was later promoted to an associate professor. During part of his tenure, he served as the Section Head of Small Animal Medicine at the Faculty. In 2001, he made the move back into private practice at Bryanston Veterinary Hospital in Sandton as a specialist physician. Currently, Dr. Lobetti consults from his home base in South Africa and guest lectures all over the world.
Has presented over 140 papers both locally and internationally and has published over 100 papers and 11 book chapters on diseases of dogs and cats and on research in canine babesiosis.
Education: 1990 completed a BVSc (Hons), 1995 an MMedVet (Med) degree, and a Ph.D. in 2005. In 1997 became a Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Since 1995 has been registered with the South African Veterinary Council as a specialist physician
- On the Editorial Board of the journal South African Veterinary Medicine since 1997
- Editor of the 1998 South African Veterinary Association Congress Biennial Congress proceedings
- Editor of the proceedings of a 1999 Canine Babesiosis and Ehrlichiosis Symposium.
- Member of the 1999 Iams Company Award Committee and has been the
- Scientific Editor for the 2006 and 2008 South African Para-Veterinary Congress
- Scientific Editor for the 2010 South African Para-Veterinary Congress and the 2011 World Veterinary Association Congress