Mitoxantrone Home Care
Home Care Instructions
(Patients Name and Date Here)
Clinical Signs Monitor Call Hospital ( ) -____
Appetite Picky, but still eats Inappetence
Attitude Slightly Lethargic Lethargy and/or Reluctant to Move
Bowel Movement Soft stool Diarrhea
Temperature <103 F >103 F
Urination Normal Bloody Urine
Vomiting Single Event Frequent and/or Retching
Mucous Membrane Pink/Moist Pale/Jaundice
Eyes Clear Signs of Conjunctivitis
Right/Left Front Leg Injection Site Red/Swollen/Painful
Allergic Reaction >>>>>>>>>>>> Facial Twitching
Allergic Reaction >>>>>>>>>>>> Hives
Allergic Reaction >>>>>>>>>>>> Swelling Primarily on the Face
- Wear double layered gloves when cleaning up urine, feces, or vomit for 48 hours after receiving Mitoxantrone. Discard material in garbage bag and clean area thoroughly with regular cleaner and try to cover or avoid carpeted areas for 48 hours after cleaning. For pet waste outside, try to avoid the area for 48 hours and spray with water to dilute waste.
- A blue-green color to urine or a bluish color to the sclera may be noted but is of no concern.
- Maintain a low-stress environment during treatment.
- Ensure proper scheduling for follow-up laboratory work and next Mitoxantrone treatment.
- If at any time you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our office. No question is too small.