Eric C Lindquist BS, DMV (Italy), DABVP
Diplomate American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Canine and Feline Practice)
Cert. IVUSS. http://www.abvp.com/speaker-bureau
IVUSS President 2011, 2013, 2015/16
Veterinary Ultrasound/DX. Efficiency/Internal Medicine
What is ABVP Board Specialty? See the AVMA list of approved veterinary specialties.
Title: Founder & CEO of SonoPath.com, Director of SonoPath Mobile, NJ, Animal Sounds NW Mobile, Eugene Oregon, and Director of The Focal Zone, Ontario, Canada.
Diplomate American Board of Veterinary Practitioners (Canine and Feline Practice), DMV, University of Bologna (Italy) 1996; BS Zoology, Humboldt State University, Arcata, California
Origin: Glendale, California
Residence: Sparta, New Jersey, USA & MontePorzio Catone,(RM), Italy
Practice Experience: Extensive soft tissue and orthopedic surgery and internal medicine, sonographic diagnostics and interventional procedures in general and specialty practice. Laser therapy and non-invasive ablation procedures.
- Mountainview Small Animal Hospital, Lake Elsinore, CA, 1997 -1999.
- Orange Veterinary Hospital, Orange, CT, 1999-2001.
- Mobile Imaging Specialist, Medical Consultant, and Director of Operations for New Jersey Mobile Imaging 2006 to Jan 2014. Special Medical Interests: Diagnostic Efficiency by means of clinical reasoning and ultrasound. Soft tissue surgery.
- Founder/CEO of SonoPath.com
- Chief Medical Officer: Epica Medical International -Feb. 2017
Dr. Eric Lindquist, DMV, DABVP, Cert. IVUSS was born and raised in Southern California where he completed his undergraduate degree in Zoology at Humbolt State University. After graduation, he ventured to Europe to attend Veterinary School at the University of Bologna in Italy. Returning to the United states upon completion, he received clinical experience as a general practitioner in California and Connecticut (1996-2001). He became a high-volume mobile clinical sonography specialist in New Jersey in 2001. Dr. Lindquist boarded ABVP (Canine & Feline) in 2003 and re-certified in 2015. Founding SonoPath.com in 2007, Lindquist currently leads a team of boarded specialists who provide Educational Teleconsultation™ Services. He also owns and manages two mobile ultrasound companies and lectures worldwide on clinical sonography. Throughout his career, he’s interpreted more than 160,000 ultrasound cases between general practice, specialty mobile practice and telemedicine consultations. This heavy caseload, coupled with the ABVP medical specialty training, extensive in-house mentorship and external coursework has allowed him to develop an experience- and curiosity-based approach to veterinary clinical medicine that stimulates diagnostic efficiency. It’s a blend of European and North American research with practical based approaches to each and every case with a final focus on enhancing diagnostic efficiency.
Enhancing Diagnostic Efficiency™:
Dr. Lindquist invented and trademarked the phrase Enhancing Diagnostic Efficiency™ as a result of a long and very intense career of understanding how a diagnostician and diagnostic process may be best implemented in the most efficient manner as his theoretical core lies with being a general practitioner at heart. Enhancing Diagnostic Efficiency™ exemplifies the spirit of ensuring a pet is diagnosed accurately and efficiently in order to provide the owner with the timely information needed to make a fully informed decision regarding their pet’s health. All of his imaging and diagnostic/therapeutic activities within SonoPath revolve around this thought process to help create game-changing progress in the industry.
SonoPath is always pushing the envelope and evolving as a growing team in the diagnostic efficiency focus. If the concept does not potentially change the playing field for the better in veterinary medicine, then SonoPath does not adopt it. In this manner, the team has constructed a layered thought process of efficiency and goodwill behind all that they do in the profession. SonoPath is a solely owned independent entity and has no overt or covert influence by any other company/corporation.
As the three-time president of International Veterinary Ultrasound Society (IVUSS), Dr. Lindquist has a passion for “fostering the art of veterinary medicine” in ultrasound and has created the SDEP™ Protocol. The SonoPath Diagnostic Efficiency Protocol™ is an innovative instructional ultrasound technique used for full and efficient scanning. Dr. Lindquist’s recent interests include combining ultrasound with affordable CT modalities to provide rapid head to toe diagnostic capability. These 2 imaging/sampling modalities are mixed with ABVP internal medicine training and surrounded by every applicable specialty in veterinary medicine: radiology, internal medicine, cardiology, and oncology services. The SonoPath team of specialists is in constant communication regarding case presentations which allows for full circle diagnostic efficiency. Every new layer of SonoPath adheres to this concept.
- Diplomate of American Board of Veterinary Practitioners – Canine and Feline Practice 2003, Recert. 2015
- Certified International Veterinary Ultrasound Society 2011
- President International Veterinary Ultrasound Society 2011, 2013, 2015
- Member AVMA, NJVMA, Metropolitan Association (NJ), European Union Licensed (Italy)
- Lindquist E, Frank J, Modler P, Lobetti R. The Curbside Guide, Diagnosis & Treatment of Common Sonographically Detected Disease: Canine & Feline. SonoPath.com 2016.
- Lindquist E, Lobetti RG. 2017. Gastro-intestinal disease in dogs and cats with gastro-intestinal foreign bodies. Advances in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. 30: 1-2.
- Lobetti RG, Lindquist E, Frank J, Casey D, Marek K, Timon T. 2016. Retrospective study of adrenal gland ultrasonography in dogs with normal and abnormal ACTH stimulation test. Journal of Veterinary Clinical Practice and Pet Care 1: 1-6.
- Cerf D, Lindquist E. Ultrasound Guided Endoscopic Laser Ablation For Transitional Cell Carcinoma In Dogs in Veterinary Image-Guided Interventions Weisse C, Berent A. Wiley –Blackwell, May 2015.
- Lobetti R, Lindquist E, Frank J. Pancreatic Ultrasound in 54 Dogs with Acute Pancreatitis: Different Clinical Presentation with Left or Right Limb Involvement of the Pancreas. Abstract ACVIM 2014.
- Lobetti R, Lindquist E, Frank J. Adrenal Gland Ultrasonography in Dogs with Hypoadrenocorticism. Abstract ACVIM 2013.
- Cerf D, Lindquist E. UGELAB – Palliative ultrasound-guided endoscopic diode laser ablation of transitional cell carcinomas of the lower urinary tract in dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. January 1, 2012, Vol. 240, No. 1, Pages 51-60.
- Lindquist E, Frank J, Marek K. Sonographic Parameters Of Adrenal Glands IN 19 Addisonian Dogs. ECVIM, Seville, Spain, 2011.
- Lindquist E, Frank J, Casey D. Sonographic Whole Body Parameters of Portosystemic Shunts in 38 Dogs & Cats. ECVIM, Tolousse, France Sept 8-11, 2010.
- Lindquist E, Yanik L. Atlas of Veterinary Sonographic Pathology: Canine/Feline/Ferrets CD. SonoPath.com 2009
- Lindquist E, Yanik L. SonoPath’s Small Animal Sonographic Pathology Top 60 Presentations CD. SonoPath.com 2009
- Lindquist E, Casey D, Frank J. Intraoperative Ultrasound for Precise Biopsy and Resection of Transabdominally Detected Intestinal Lesions in 3 cats. ECVIM, Porto, Portugal Sept 8-10, 2009
- Lindquist E, Brown A, Frank J, Bush J. Clinical Parameters in Dogs with Sonographically Diagnosed Surgical Biliary Disease. ECVIM, Porto, Portugal Sept 8-10, 2009
- Lindquist E, Casey D, Frank J. Sonographic Criteria for the Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Obstruction in 39 Dogs and Cats. ECVIM Porto, Portugal Sept 8-10, 2009
- Lindquist E. Cerf D. Ultrasound-Guided Diode Laser Ablation (UGELAB) of Transitional Cell Carcinoma in 37 Dogs. ACVIM 2008 San Antonio, Tx. June 5, 2008 session 99, 3:45-4:35pm.
- Lindquist E. Ultrasound and the Post-hepatic Icteric Dog. What’s wrong with my plumbing? Veterinary Practice News, February 2008.
- Lindquist E. Ultrasound and the Post-hepatic Icteric Cat. What’s wrong with my plumbing? Veterinary Practice News, Oct. 2007
- Cerf D, Lindquist E, Straus J. Ultrasound/endoscopy-guided diode laser ablation (UGELAB) of non-resectable transitional cell carcinoma in 19 female dogs. ACVIM abstract 6-2007.
- Lindquist E., Cerf D. Ultrasound Guided Diode Laser Ablation (UGELAB) of Transitional Cell Carcinoma in 20 Female Dogs: Survival Based on Tumor Position. ECVIM- Budapest, Hungary 14th September 2007 at 17:05 Society: ESVONC
- Lindquist E. The “ADR” Patient: 3 cases that would make you love your sonographer. Veterinary Practice News, May 2007.
- Diloria A, Lindquist E, Piantendosi D, Cortese I, Manico A, Skeels M, Ciaramela P. Feline Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy: echocardiographic retrospective study of 102 cats (2003-2005). European Association of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging Conference, Dublin, Ireland, October 2005.
- Ciaramella P., Piantedosi D., Lindquist E., Di Loria A., Cortese L. M., Persechino A. Plasma thrombomodulin (TM) concentration in cats with cardiomyopathies.: Veterinary Research Communication. Special Issue: LIX Annual Meeting of the Italian Society for Veterinary Sciences (SISVet), 289-291,Viareggio (LU), 2005, Italy.
- Piantedosi D., Di Loria A., Lindquist E., Cortese L., Prisco M., Ciaramella P., Persechino A. Plasma Antithrombin III (AT III) and Protein C (PC) concentrations in cats with primary cardiomyopathies. LXI Annual Meeting of the Italian Society for Veterinary Sciences (SISVet), Salsomaggiore Terme (PR),September, 2007, Italy
Book Publications: The Curbside Guide
More information Regarding Dr. Lindquist,
Article Links Supporting My Approach To Diagnostic Efficiency:
- Defining A Gall Bladder Mucocele. When is it clinically significant? Interview with 8 seasoned clinical sonographers. When to cut when to treat when to watch. (PDF)
- Percutaneous transhepatic gall bladder drainage: a better initial therapeutic choice for patients with gall bladder perforation in the emergency department.
- Scanning Pearls – Part 1. By Eric Lindquist & Peter Modler. (PDF)
- 17-year-old FS DSH presented for anorexia and weight loss
- UGELAB procedure on TCC
- UGELAB on ureter obstruction
- Sadie, Intramural Ectopic Ureter
- Tom, “Clinical perseverance will set you free!”
- Carcinoma and Lung Met
Founder of the trademarks:
- Enhancing Diagnostic Efficiency™
- Fostering the Art of Veterinary Medicine™
- Education in Clinical Sonography