Peter Modler DVM, Dipl.-Tzt.
Peter Modler was Born in 1977 in Vienna. He graduated from Vienna Veterinary University in 2003 (Dr. med. vet.). In 2002-2003 he had an internship with a small animal hospital at the University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna. He worked at three referral clinics in Germany and Austria. From 2008 on he has been the head of the cardiology center at the Traunkreis Vet Clinic - Tierklinik Sattledt in Austria. His second speciality is surgery, mainly orthopedic surgery (about 40% of his case load). He is small animal specialist (Fachtierarzt fuer Kleintiere) and certified member of the widely recognized Collegium Cardiologicum e.V. He presents frequently and instructs courses in Cardiology. His main interests are feline cardiomyopathies, pulmonary transit time, mitral valve disease, interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery. He runs one of a handful of cardiac surgery units worldwide that work on mitral valve repair. He is married, has two children and owns three cats.
- Heart Based Tumor
- MR Doberman
- Pulmonic Stenosis Mild
- Pulmonic Stenosis Severe
- Subaortic Stenosis case
- Tetrology of Fallot
- Arrythmias/ECG examples
- Tricuspid Dysplasia & Pulmonic Stenosis
- PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) L to R
- PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) Bidirectional
- SAS (Subaortic Stenosis)
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) and PS (Pulmonic Stenosis)
- Modler P, Modler F. Periodische Extremitaetenbewegung bei einem Dobermann, Therapie mit Pramipexol (Kleintierpraxis, 2009)
- Streitberger A, Hocke V, Modler P.Measurement of pulmonary transit times in healthy cats using the ultrasound contrast media Sonovue: Feasibility reproducibility, and values in 42 cats. J Vet Cardiol 2013; 15(3):181-187.
- Streitberger A, Modler P, Haggstrom J. Increased pulmonary transit times and pulmonary blood volumes in cardiomyopathic cats, J Vet Cardiol, accepted 2014
- Modler P: Moderne Herztherapie beim Hund, Vet Journal, 2010
- Modler P: Spinales Mengiom bei einer Katze, Vet Journal 2008
- Modler P: Herzgeraeusch beim Junghund, News4Vets, 2013
- Bulheller M, Modler P, et al. First steps in the evaluation of Fluctuating Asymmetry as a potential animal welfare indicator: reliability testing. 37th ISAE congress, 2003
- Modler P: Einfluss des Stallklimas auf die Fluktuierende Asymmetrie bei Mastschweinen (Doctor thesis, 2003)
Presentations: More than 250 presentations in Austria, Europe, US, Canada, Guest lectures at universities.
- Cardiac Doppler (PDF)
- Congenital Cardiac Disease (PDF)
- Scanning Pearls – Part 1. By Eric Lindquist & Peter Modler (PDF)